Please Join us for our third pack meeting on Thursday, November 02, 2017. It will be held at The Golf Course Clubhouse – 267 Buena Vista Ave Mill Valley, CA 94941
7pm sharp – 8pm. Bring your songbooks.
Scouts in full uniforms, please.
Please joins us for the third 2017/18 Pack 34 Committee meeting. The Pack 34 Committee will meet on 10/30/2017 at Mike Dickson’s house, from 6-8 pm.
To all of our Pack 34 members who volunteered on 10/14/2017 at the Strawberry Fire hall/Seminary evacuation center, THANK YOU! What I saw yesterday is what I consider to be the true essence of Scouting – A GOOD TURN!
American Boy Scouting was founded in 1910 after W. D. Boyce, an American newspaperman and entrepreneur became lost on a foggy street in London. While trying to find his way, an unknown Scout came to his aid, guiding him back to his destination. The boy then refused Boyce’s tip, explaining that he was merely doing his duty as a Boy Scout…
Yesterday, I saw our young men merely doing their duty for their community and for those communities that are both far away and so impacted. They performed many good turns throughout the day,
- helping to sort clothes and toiletries supplies
- helping to organize pet food and set up cages, pens and litter boxes for the animal rescue.
- Vacuuming and cleaning a library in preparation for the evacuation center
- And later, setting up Red Cross cots in that Evacuee center and distributing blankets.
- Cheerful Smiles and helpful attitudes
Thank you to all the parents who brought their boys and worked alongside each other. What a great experience. Ice cream socials, campouts, rocket launches and pinewood derbies are the fun stuff – the bow on top of this great scouting gift, but our duty in scouting is to our community, To help when needed and I saw our boys do that yesterday!
The Seminary Site is now set up completely and is an active Red Cross evacuation site and thus, only Red Cross certified volunteers and staff can work at the site.
Some program notes:
- If your boy volunteered his time yesterday, please make sure you add that time to his service log in Scoutbook. (Log in and click on his name and then scroll down to the service link and add his time and date)
- There will be many opportunities to help in the near future. Pack 34 is working with the Marin Council and the Redwood Empire Council to assess how best we can help our fellow scouts in the future…stay tuned
- Scouting for Food is coming up (nov 4th and Nov 11) This food will go to the Marin Foodbank. This food will no doubt go to serve our neighbors to the north Please be available. We want 100% participation! We expect this year to be high volume.
This Fall’s Pack campout will take place at Camp Tamarancho on Saturday, October 21st. We will be at the Twin Cities campsite.
WE ARE AT CAPACITY– If you missed the campout registration, please email email@example.com
Directions to Camp Tamarancho:
Map Of Camp Tamarancho:
Please Join us for our second pack meeting on October 5th, 2017. It will be held at The Golf Course Clubhouse – 267 Buena Vista Ave Mill Valley, CA 94941
7pm sharp – 8pm.