Do a good turn daily…
We will conduct our annual “Scouting For Food” exercise on November 9th (Door Hanger Distribution) and November 16th (food Pickup). This is a Nation-wide BSA Scouting Service project
This is a highly rewarding opportunity for the scouts to participate in charitable work that makes a real impact on the greater community. We need all scouts to be available to participate in both weekends. This is not a drop-off event – we need parent’s supervision and assistance. Mark your calendar for Saturday, November 9th at 9 AM – We will meet at Sycamore Park at 9 AM To distribute door hangers and begin canvassing.
Food collection to happen the following weekend on November 16th same time (9 am), same place ( Sycamore Park )
– Scouts to be in full Uniforms
– Wear comfortable shoes
– Prepare for Rain if forecasted – this is a Rain or shine event
– We will finish when all the houses in our neighborhoods are finished
– Scouts will work in small groups and employ the BUDDY SYSTEM.
– Be courteous to anyone you meet.
– Respect property
– Complete your entire route.
– Travel alone or in secluded places.
– Do half your route and then quit.
Many Hands Make light work.
FACTS:2019 sff data MM2019-FactSheet-MARIN_FINAL